Monday, October 31, 2005

Lifelong Study

the original plan was for me to finish studying... for my high school diploma, for my degree (and i have), and finally to take a year's worth of fashion and textile design classes so that i can do what i wanna do by the time i'm 25. now comes the hard part... by doing only a year's worth of classes, i wouldn't be considered a professional in my field. to achieve this prestigeous level, i would have to complete another TWO years' worth of classes (makes me feel like i haven't gone to uni at all), in which case i wouldn't actually stop studying until i'm 27. in the mean time, i'm supposed to earn meager wages and depend on my parents for more substantial backing. who in the hell does all this!!!

what self-respecting 27-y.o. actually calls home to ask daddy for more allowance? for pete's sake, at that age i should have worked for a good number of years, quit a few bad job options, and have SOMETHING in my savings to get me through half a vacation in thailand. while most grads would've been earning their own since before they left high school, little ol' me is still trying to severe the metaphoric umbilical cord! even my younger brother is earning more than i!

while my family has substantially high hopes for me to expand my education, i'm sooooo sick of textbooks that i would love nothing more than to just say, "mom, dad... i quit". but i can't. they've put so much effort, time, hope and money into me that i'm just about to out-bloat the pilsbury dough boy if i haven't already done so. well hey, shit happens. looks like i'll be the oldest unemployed person in my family to date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home