Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Thou Shalt not Judge

there are a few things that i have overlooked in my life, but if there is one thing that really gets my goat (ridiculous cliche i assure you), is when people judge what (and people) they don't know. ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater aren't we.

i've had it. i've had supposedly nice people who are pretentious around me, and then show their true colors later. i've had them civilized and even friendly when they're talking to me, only to go onto their online journals and bitch about what they didn't even bother to find out. the latest one was regarding my perceived penchant for "imbibing copious amounts of alcohol" and my apparent distaste for people who do not drink, whether by choice or some other reasons like, say allergies. don't judge people before you get to know them, and if you had a problem with me or what i said, come out and tell me. if you don't allow people to explain what they said, how would you know how to react? obviously, i don't "imbibe" (can't you just say "to drink"?) in "copious" (how about "large amounts"?) of alcohol, and i don't get drunk unless i'm in a safe environment, which obviously rules out night clubs. and might I remind you that despite what you think, the success of a club is not based on what kind of people go there, it’s based on what kind of people DON’T. i for one am glad that I go to clubs without the “class” and “status”. the people you think are party animals? i wouldn't poke them with a 10-foot branding-iron. oh yes, since when do the true party people go to clubs for the people? it's called a party for a reason, and being with a bunch of pretentious stuffy-nosed "elitists" is no party.

i will leave you with one comment: you were nice when you didn't open your mouth. that “mat” comment was uncalled for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home