Tuesday, November 16, 2004

My Cat and Me

i woke up today, and i really didn't want to. don't know why, but i didn't. it didn't seem right to get up and start my day. i felt tired, disillusioned. i wanted to huddle under my blanket and just block out the badness of the world... but i got up anyway. the hours seemed to fly right by, with lunch, work, tv, more work, dinner... oh, and a two-hour nap i took on top of pain-killers (had a headache. opened my eyes and couldn't tell the ceiling from the floor). it makes things worse when your pet just looks at you like you're an idiot, and then she takes a nice big stretch and gets comfortable on your bean-bag/ottoman.

i look at my cat, and i think it must be blissful not to know that there's more to life than sleep, eat, play, lick yourself, and the occasional treat (hey, someone's gotta watch her figure for her). i mean, cat's that have good parents are lucky, they get the "best" things in life and are none the wiser. plus, she shed all her winter pounds in a week. what sane woman wouldn't wanna be able to do that??? i haven't even been able to shed my winter weight from my LAST winter!

i wonder if i'm the only one who wishes that she was a simple animal, with humans to take care of her and no responsibilities and cares in the world... i wonder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home