Friday, November 12, 2004

Pretenders

ever had one of those people who seem very nice upfront, but later you found out that they didn't really think what they said? i have. it wasn't very pleansant, i can tell you. but either way, i chose to ignore it and maintained a civilized environment... until she used my name in vain.

it wouldn't have been bad at all, her blogging her frozen little heart away over something casually mentioned in a conversation, except she used my name in her little illustration of the conversation and made it seemed like i was a bad guy in her little story. basically, i was a flakey drunkard who pitied other people who don't seem to find it as "exhilirating" to be blind from intoxication at parties and clubs. it did not sit well with me. if you wanna complain over the things i've said, you can use the bloody material, but don't bloody use my name. whereas i don't really care if her friends think i'm a horrible person for having said what she said i said, i care if my friends (who happen to read the same story) start to question my integrity, mistrust me and feel i've betrayed them somehow, even if i haven't. i'm not the one who thought she was going behind my back with backstabbing comments, someone else had told me she was. if they didn't think that, i wouldn't care, even then. she doesn't have to explain anything to me, but when it comes to seeing my name in print, on screen, on the global network for all the world (with people i know living in it) to see, then it becomes my problem.

while she doesn't have to contend with her character being questioned, i do. i don't appreciate being set up like that to be hounded with "did you really say that?", "why did you say that to her?", or "don't you feel just a little bit bad?". thankfully, i do have some rather understanding friends in my circle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home